Sunday, March 18, 2012

Texas

Wow looking back at this blog I noticed I haven't blogged in a while. Well a whole lot has happened we have relocated to Texas. It was a great move and all our doing well adjusting.There are things I miss that were simple and easy to find in Massachusetts like for instance Pita Bread. A staple food that is known pretty much around the world but for some reason it is nearly impossible to find here. I have found that Kroger is the best place to go and get it, when desperate I will settle for the Ezekiel Bread found only in the Frozen Aisle. I also crave and miss Christmas Tree Shops. That was the place to go back home and find great steals and deals for the home and for the kids. I also find that thrift stores here are hard to find but did venture out last week into Houston and found a strip of Thrift Shops with some cool things.
It has been great being around family again, I sure did miss them. Tonight we celebrated my cousin Austin's 13th birthday and I got a little teary eyed knowing I missed a bunch but happy I am here now.
We have found a nice church that we have been going to for 3 weeks now. It is always hard to let your guard down and meet new people and trust again, but God will get me through this and heal my broken heart from the past hurts.
Isaac is doing great in school and is making lots of friends. He is above average in reading but likes to chat and chat and that sometimes gets him into trouble and time outs.
Addison is my shy one and also strong willed. We are working on ABC's and 123' but with a strong willed child she already knows them and doesn't need my help. She will start school when she is 6 so we have some time to get there.
As for me I am kinda lonely and missing my friends back home but hopefully with this new church that we are going to I will find some mom group and connect. Thats all for now

No comments: